HI everyone! Looking forward to having you here in Krum on Tuesday. Here are a few things to remember:
1) Please email me an estimate of your chair and stand needs for the contest. I will email you a seating chart by Friday that you can bring with you to contest.
2) Remember to bring three scores with measures numbered with you to the contest. These scores must be originals and not photocopies.
3) Please bring your updated Form 1. If you plan on using risers on stage I need to know what size, how many, etc. ASAP (they are stored upstairs and will take some time to bring down). You will need to have a crew to set them up, but we will assist.
4) The contest office will be located in the Band Hall. Warm up will be on stage, and sight reading will be in the choir room. Please refer to the map (I will send it by Friday) for these locations.
5) Click the percussion link to see what we will provide on stage.
6) To see the percussion you will need in sight reading, click on the following link: http://www.uiltexas.org/music/concert-sight-reading/band-sight-reading-percussion-instrumentation.
7) Check out the following link lists the instrumentation for the sight reading piece for your group: http://www.uiltexas.org/music/concert-sight-reading-info/band-sight-reading-instrumentation. (Level 1 is for class C, level 2 - 1A, level 3 - 2A, level 4 - 3A.)
8) Here is a link to our school website for directions to Krum: http://www.krumisd.net/domain/18.
9) Buses can be parked on the south side of the auditorium, near the football stadium. There are good-sized restrooms in the auditorium foyer which can be used to change into uniforms if necessary. Please remind your students to remain quiet while near the performance area.
10) KHS is TAKS testing Tuesday so students must enter the building by the auditorium doors only and follow the route outlined on the map from the stage to the choir room.
I will send a map of the Krum High School campus and a set-up chart by the end of the week. Please let me know what else we can do to make this a good experience for you and your students. This is our 1st time hosting and we want to do it right.
Office – 940-482-6000 ext 5052
Cell – 940-390-8622